Lou,

Regarding accessing a PDF document in Virtual View? You're not doing anything wrong. And neither is virtual view. When you open Virtual View you choose whether to access the focused window, the active window, or a file. So when you visualize a PDF file in Acrobat you're only visualizing the visible window, which is all it's going to do in any other program as well. That's why the file option is there.

Hth,
Tom

On 11/16/2015 11:07 AM, via Talk wrote:
Hey, Kevin.

Yep. I followed Mark's steps using Win 7 and everything worked as
advertised. Definitely have to restart the computer after enabling that
Windows TIF I filter or whatever it's called.

Either a Window-Eyes user cannot use virtual view on a pdf that is opened in
Adobe, or, Adobe Acrobat DC is messed up, or, I'm goofing up bigtime. I
can't get more than a single page to display in the virtual view edit. I
have--or at least I think I have--Adobe configured to open all documents in
a continuous  view, regardless of the file size.

Oh well. At least I can access scanned documents. It is kind of a hassle
though, having to open a pdf in Adobe only to find out that it needs to be
closed and accessed directly by virtual view.

Lou N.
-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+fenderwal=sbcglobal....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin Huber via Talk
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 9:40 AM
To: Marc Solomon; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: New Window-Eyes Tutorial - Making a PDF Accessible
withVirtualView and OCR

Hi Mark:
Will the steps that were outlined in that tutorial work in Windows 7?
Kevin Huber

On 11/13/15, Marc Solomon via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:
Greetings,

A new Window-Eyes tutorial has been created to help you learn how to use
the
new optical character recognition (OCR) feature available in VirtualView.
One of the best use cases for this new features is gaining access to the
text found in those pesky image based PDF files. The tutorial is available
for download in a variety of formats including video, audio and text. For
your convenience, here are the tutorial download links:

Audio -
http://getwindoweyes.com/Training/Tutorials/Audio/VirtualViewOCR.mp3
Video with closed captions -
http://getwindoweyes.com/Training/Tutorials/Video/VirtualViewOCRwithCC.mp4