Chris, I tried what you suggested, but no go. I defined the set color hot key to ctrl+!, routed the mouse key to the top of the file, then selected the first five lines or so, and moved the mouse pointer over the selected text, and pressed said key, but It just wont take. And yes, I have also saved the set.

Of course, the problem may be that I am still using Windows 8.1and not 10.

I would really like to think that I'm missing maybe one little step, but I can't think of just what that one little step might be. If you can, please let me know.

Thanks,

Larry