i found this on another list.
I posted this to another list or actually several. It is apparently only a temporary fix--since in Firefox 44, they will remove the configuration item that will disable this strict signing requirement. I know I am going to run 2 versions of Firefox: the current one which allows the hack and the newest one. If I need the webvisum plug-in, I will use that older one for signing into captia based sites.

There is a workaround but it _may_ make you less secure.

1. Open Firefox 43 and in the address bar, type the below line as seen with no spaces:

about:config

2. You will get a Firefox warning saying: 'This may void your warranty.' Click on the button that sardonically says: 'I'll be careful, I promise.'

3. tab once to the list of 700 or so items and press the letter X. You are looking for the below item:

xpinstall.signatures.required

4. When this item is highlighted, press the context key or right click and choose toggel or press T (same thing.)

5. The highlighted value should change to false as in:

xpinstall.signatures.required;false

Then press control + W to close the window and when you run Firefox again, Webvisum should work.

Again, this may make you less secure, but if you are careful and do not allow add ons to be installed automatically, at least in the opinion of some, your risk is minimal. For versions going way back to Firefox 3 or 4, every time I install something that inserts a browser add on, when I run Firefox for the first time afterward, Firefox always prompts me to allow or disallow the installation--regardless of whether the