Sorry, just forgot to mention the brows factor. I guess I just assumed that was a given, but that's what I get for assuming <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

On 1/13/2016 6:42 PM, Tom Kingston wrote:
You're correct, Larry. The only thing I would add is that you can move to the beginning and end of the text you want to select using any browse mode method, ie. Home to beginning of line, End to end of line, Control-Home, Control-End, and any other browse mode hot keys. This is because F8 is only applicable while within browse mode; nowhere else. And this is where it can get confusing.

Let's say you're on a web page. F8 is the only selection method while in browse mode. Then you exit browse mode and enter an edit box. You're no longer in browse mode and F8 does not apply. Standard Shifted key selection must be used here. The same goes for reading and replying to email messages, assuming your email client displays messages in browse mode.

Hth,
Tom