6. You can either open the context menu, Properties, and add a shortcut key, or, open the context menu, Send to, Desktop (create shortcut). Then you can add a shortcut to the desktop item via Properties in the context menu.

Hth,
Tom

On 2/9/2016 9:08 AM, Josh Rivera via Talk wrote:
This sounds rather to be not very user friendly. The other method wasn't
broken, so why did MS, in their wisdom, fix it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+josh.riveranr=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Lloyd Rasmussen via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:31 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: A Windows10 Setting May Be A Problem

You can press the Windows key, and when Cortana comes up, type Internet, and

this will probably point you to IE. But a better way is to find out where IE

is on your taskbar. If it is the fourth item from the left, for example, you

can type the combination Windows-4 (the 4 is on the number row) and IE will
start up. Or you can press Windows-T, use the arrow keys to move right or
left to Internet Explorer, then the context-menu key to open a jump list for

I E. You can up or down arrow through the jump list and open frequently used

websites using I E. Same methodology can be used for Firefox, the Windows
file explorer, or other programs that you pin to the taskbar.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com