You may want to do the emergency removal of WE and start with a fresh install. I had to do that just a few days ago , for other reasons on Windows 10. Since I did so WE is working 75% better.

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 3:51 AM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: The latest on my apps issues

OK Folks, here are the crazy and confusing latest details on my app issue.

While trying to get to the bottom of my issues, I managed to figure out
that my GWToolkit app was apparently out of date when trying to run the
Winamp script within the apps management dialog box, or was it in what
is supposed to be the apps menu? I Don't even remember, I am so raddled
by this whole sudden thing, I cannot for the life of me keep it all
straight. But the latest is, that since I downloaded and installed the
latest toolkit, Weather or Not now runs. But here is where things get
very frustrating.

When I go to the apps menu, I only see apps that are running, not the
ones that aren't. Now, that is probably the way that it is supposed to
be, I'm not sure because I hardly consult the apps menu unless I need to
make a change to either Winamp, or Weather or Not. After all I, like
many of us WE users like to set and forget. But the point is, that I
only see apps for four programs, Weather, Toolkit, Winamp, and Tb
enhance. And yes, now I actually hear the Thunderbird logo when starting
the program. However, I do not have Windows enhance, or any number of
apps that were listed.

I guess all I want to know now, is just what to do next. I'm thinking of
just uninstalling WE, and doing a completely clean install. surely that
will set things aright. But then again, I really want to avoid this if
at all possible.

I really can't figure out just what I did, that is if I did anything, to
make this happen. My toolkit was up to date, because I have WE to notify
me when updates are available, and I'm very good about that. But
obviously something just went haywire round here. Hopefully things can
finally return to normal with all of your kind help.

If all of the above makes very little sense, please check the time stamp
on this message <smile>. I really did feel a kind of elation when at
least the weather app actually started to work, but WE sure seems a bit
lame without the full functionality that it has with all apps and
engines working on all Cylinders. But I'm sure that we can and will get
to the bottom of all of this.

With gratitude for all of your kind and patient help and suggestions so far,

Larry

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/tch828%40mediacombb.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com