Hi Paulette

When you are first setting up your echo, you must use a wifi connected computer or phone. A hard wired computer will not work. Any windows computer will work as long as it is using wifi!

When you start the setup process, you first start entering information on the echo.amazon.com website. At some point, you will be instructed to switch to the WIFI connection coming from your echo to enter the login information that the echo needs.

Bob, K8LR, tinn...@charter.net

On 5/28/2016 10:34 AM, Paulette Vickery via Talk wrote:
When I go to the Alexa website, nothing happens. My husband tried using WE
and not having it turned on. He couldn't do it either. On the Amazon website
it says that my computer must be a wy fi computer. My computer is hard
wired. So, does that mean that it does not have to be wy fi?

Paulette

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+paulette=evickery....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Skarstad via Talk
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 10:22 AM
To: Amanda Lee; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Making the leap to Windows Ten!

          I was able to successfully use the echo under both windows 7
and 10.

On 5/28/2016 10:07 AM, Amanda Lee via Talk wrote:
You may need to upgrade to IE11, if you're only using WE9.0, this mayalso
pose compatibility issues as well.  The Echo is supposed to be downward
compatible to Windows Seven.  Therefore, prior to upgrading to Windows
Ten,
be certain to review the system requirements and other specifications for
the Echo.