From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Pele West via Talk
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 4:56 AM
To: Windows Talk List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Save As Type Not Showing up in Window-Eyes

Hi Everyone

I am using Windows 7 professional and Window-Eyes 9.5.3.0. Last month I
bought a new Dell desktop computer.

Since Window-Eyes was installed on this machine I cannot see the SaveAs
Type in the SaveAs Dialog Box for most applications. It is there, I can
see it with the mouse pointer and I can use the arrow keys to change the
file type. NVDA can see it.

I have found it is not shown in the following programs:

Goldwave, Adobe Reader, Word 2010, Excel 2010 and Notepad.

I use Becky! as my e-mail client, and I can see the SaveAs File Type
when saving an e-mail message.

If I press <Alt F A> I land in the File Name, as expected. If I then
press <Tab> to the SaveAs Type combobox nothing speaks and nothing shows
up on the braille display.

I checked my husband's machine. He also has Window-eyes 9.5.3.0. The
SaveAS Type box shows up as a combobox. I tried reclassing the window as
a combobox on my machine but, although it says it is a combobox and it
is SaveAs Type, it does not actually show the different file types.

My husband's machine is an Acer Aspire running Windows 7 Home premium,
mine is running Windows 7 Professional. They are both 64-bit versions.

I contacted AI Squared who were unable to replicate this problem,
although I do know someone who has the same issue. AI Squared advised me
to uninstall Window-Eyes using the WE Emergency Remove Tool and install
it using a version of the installation they sent to me. It has made no
difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Pele West