Hi Raul,

Thanks for your reply on saving the Thunderbird folder. Unfortunately Tbird saves a lot of old messages in the Profile folder which can go back years even though the trash folder can be kept clear.

My Profile folder grew to around 6 gb although the Tools, erase recent history option was used from time to time. While doing a scan with a newly installed Bullguard, old messages from years in the past were displayed on the screen as they were scanned. These messages even included those from an old email address which had been previously removed from the system.

The fact that old messages, which I thought had been removed when deleted, were still around came as quite a shock.

I used the Mozilla backup tool without saving emails but with address settings and with a fresh install of Thunderbird, the new Profile folder with three account settings came to under 20 mb.

The Tools, remove recent history option is used more frequently these days but my Profile folder continues to grow. It is currently around 140 mb and when it gets to around 150 mb, the process mentioned above will be used again.

This is why I asked if there was a simple way of saving the account settings in a similar way to saving the address book. It would make the setting up of a new clean Profile folder easier.

Cheers
Neville.