The main thing here is to make sure that both screen readers are not opened at the same time, or at least, not while running on Win7. Every time I started my PC with both programs installed to run from the beginning, (not by personal default,) my ystem received a blue scree failure. For me, the trick was to find out which one I could close before the other started talking. Once I made the startup change, all has been fine.

Yes, they both have their own peculiarities, so it becomes necessary for me to close one and open the other for a specific task, so I am glad they can both be on the system.

Carol

On 5/30/2017 11:58 AM, Steve Nutt via Talk wrote:
Hi,

JAWS won't install over any copy of Window-Eyes, you can have them both
installed quite happily.

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+steve=comproom.co...@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Jarvis via Talk
Sent: 28 May 2017 18:45
To: talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: is it possible?

Hello group, I just got the message about win eyes being discontinued and
that I can itagrate to jaws.  My question is will I be able to keep my
current copy of window eyes and use it if I want too?  I have the latest
version o.5.0. or will jaws install over this copy?  If so can I still get a
cd of window eyes 9.5.0?  Thanks for all the help.  Rick
List archives can be found at