Hi David,

I'll try to answer your questions in context.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of David Moore via Talk
Sent: October 11, 2017 6:02 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: David Moore <jesusloves1...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Window-eyes and Jaws, thoughts

Hi Rod!
I really want to try one, because I only know Windows. I like trying something
new all of the time. Where can you play around with one in a store or somewhere
else?

Apple stores are perhaps the best places, since Apple is very customer friendly.

Now, is Voice over the same on the MacBook as it is on the iPhone?

Not precisely the same, but quite similar.

Do you have a desktop with icons on it like with Windows?

Yes, but by default, they aren't put on the desktop.
However, there is a Applications folder, where they all are.

How is the contents arranged compared to Windows?

Macs use files and folders, just like Windows.

I would really like to hear more about the MacBook!
Is it a laptop, tablet, or another type of device altogether? Is a MacBook the
size of most laptops, or smaller or what? How much is it, because I heard they
are expensive. How does it compare to a ChromeBook. Is a ChromeBook as
accessible? Google says they are accessible.
This is so great to be able to talk all technology on here!

MacBook Pros are Apple's high-end notebook, with a keyboard, a screen which
flips up, and a touch pad between you and the keyboard, and this is your mouse
movement surface.
The TouchPad is also the surface upon which you can perform touch gestures just
like on IOS devices, including
VoiceOver gestures, like the rotor gestures, etc.
Because yu have to rest your palms on the TouchPad, I've found that, if you are
typing, you pretty much have to temporarily turn off the TouchPadd with
Control-Option-Rotor-Left or you'll end up moving focus.
But, the opposite gesture, which is, incidentally, a VoiceOver gesture, turns
It back on again.
The MacBook Pro with TouchBar, which is the one I got, also has a window strip
above the number keys at the top of the keyboard and is the replacement for the
function keys, and it behaves just like the TouchPad, responding to touch
gestures in the same accessible way that IOS or the TouchPad does.
The MacBook Pro with TouchBar comes in a 13 and 15-inch size, and I got the
bigger one because the stereo speakers, being in a larger form factor, sounded
better to my wife and me.
However, the keyboard on the two sizes are exactly the same, although, the
TouchPad is bigger on the 15-inch, which is cool.
I won't discuss price, because, as J.P. Morgan said, and this isn't a direct
quote, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it." (smile)
There is a lot which I can say,  but I can't type forever. (smile)
The Google tablets are very accessible as video demos on the web demonstrate.
,
Take care,

Rod

David Moore