Hi Carol,

The automatic font color is black unless (I assume) you choose a theme with a different default color. You can check the text the caret is on by pressing Control+Nulmpad delete twice. Pressing it once only speaks the unicode value, twice speaks that along with the font name, size, and color.

You can manually set the default font to black. but it's a nightmare and seems to have a mind of its own. I tried using Window-eyes, NVDA, and Narrator. I only got the change to stick once out of countless tries. I often got a completely different color than I thought I selected. And when I selected black I got a slightly lighter black, of which there are several to choose from. So I gave up. But if you want to fight with it, or you have a pair of eyes handy, press Alt+H, F, N, to open the font dialog. If you can select the color, then press the set as default button, select the apply to all rather than current document radio button, and OK. This will make it the default for all new documents. But it won't change existing documents you open.

As for attributes? Press Windows+A to toggle attribute changes on and off. You should hear that spoken. To set what you hear about with it on go into verbosity, common, attribute changes. You can select what you hear and also make them global or program specific. Note, the Windows+A hot key is specific to the Word set file. So it's not global.

Sorry, but I have no idea on the mailings and labels problem.

Hth,
Tom