Thanks for everyone's help. I do not have Window-Eyes running at start-up. I
have an SD drive and a data drive. My installation files are on the data
drive. Could the data drive be ruined, too?

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk <talk-bounces+tfairhurst=kc.rr....@lists.window-eyes.com> On
Behalf Of Butch Bussen via Talk
Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2019 6:25 AM
To: Rod Hutton via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: Butch Bussen <but...@shellworld.net>
Subject: RE: Windows Update 1903

When I did that a year or so ago and left window-eyes installed, the machine
locked up.  I was on line with microsoft and their oly solution was to
completelly blow it away and start over so I lost all of my files and
settings.  If you do hleave window-eyes on the machine, set it not to run at
boot up.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, Rod Hutton via Talk wrote:

> Netbat,
>
> Actually, that is not quite correct.
> It is not necessary to uninstall Window-Eyes if you are upgrading a
Windows 7 machine to Windows 10.
> Rather, you can leave Window-Eyes installed.
> After the upgrade, You must reinstall Window-Eyes in order to upgrade the
audio driver.
> Leaving Window-Eyes installed allows you to preserve your Window-Eyes
settings after upgrading to Windows 10 and then reinstalling Window-Eyes.

> Hth,
>
> Rod
>
> Sent from Outlook for Windows

List archives can be found at