From: Talk <talk-bounces+bjcolt=blueyonder.co...@lists.window-eyes.com> On
Behalf Of Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: 04 October 2019 21:48
To: bjcolt via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: Tom Kingston <tom.kings...@charter.net>
Subject: Re: changes in drop box

Hi John,
Good news! It has nothing to do with Windows 7. It's just that the new app
is set to run by default. Here's what you have to do to set it back to open
your Dropbox folders in Windows Explorer.
Go to the Dropbox button in the system tray and press Enter. This should
open the context menu.
Arrow up to Preferences and press Enter.
You should come in on the General tab. Tab down until you come to the "Open
folders in" combo-box. It will be set to Dropbox desktop app.
Alt+Down arrow to expand the combo-box.
Now up arrow to Explorer and press enter to select it.
Tab down to the OK button and press enter.
You should be as good as new.
Regards,
Tom

On 10/4/2019 3:06 PM, bjcolt via Talk wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> tThanks for the imput. I have an icon on my desktop and it used to
> open to the normal folder list in drop box. Sadly that is no longer
> the case. When I open drop box all it reads is welcome to drop box.
> The arrow keys do nothing at all and the tab is the same. I can get
> something using the numpad keys but unable to put something in aa folder
or remove it.

> A friend is running windows 7 and has the exact same problem. I have a
> gut feeling it is designed for windows 10 and not 7.
>
> Live long and prosper, John

Dropbox backup.
> Hth,
> Tom
>

> On 10/4/2019 8:37 AM, bjcolt via Talk wrote:
>> Hi Rod,
>>
>> It must be my os then as I am running wwindows 7.
>>
>> 'll try it on my windows 10 desktop. My friend bob has windows 7 and
>> has the exact same problem with drop box. Seems to be pointing in the
>> windows 7 direction. I know they are dropping support for it shortly.
>>
>> Thanks for checking, I'm quite sure windows 7 may be the problem.
>>
>> IGood luck.
>>
>> Live long and prosper, John

List archives can be found at