Martha,

I am also a becky user, but I am reading mail in plain text and if I
want to see the html text, I open the attachment.
If you want to try this:
Go with alt-t to tools,
Genreal and shift-tab to the tabcontrol.
Arrow right to Messageview and 10 times shift-tab to:
HTML view
set this with arrows to Convert to plain text.
When in a message, press tab to see the attachment.

Regards, Marten