I realize that this might be a long shot, and at the same time, a big duh, but are you sure that browse mode is actually kicking in?

Shoot, I guess if this starts happening to me, I would probably be tempted  to finally give up on WE altogether.

I, like all of us WE die-hards, are still so comfortable with this once great screen reader. I must admit to being a bit timid when it comes to completely submitting to the ways of the shark.

The main reason, outside of WE's overall ease of use for sticking with WE has more to do with JAW's read all settings. IMHO, JAWS simply doesn't allow enough of an appropriate pause between the end and beginnings of sentences. It reads in such a way that I simply wouldn't tolerate from a human reader. I mean, if narrators/readers on commercial recordings, or in house so to speak were to read in such a manner, let's just say that they would fail the audition.

I say all of this just to say that I am a user of Bookshare, and do quite a bit of reading on my PC, and WE's verbal pacing using Eloquence to me is more human sounding than these more human sounding voices, but only because of the way these people at Vespero (spelling) have chosen to manipulate speech delivery in say all mode.

As it stands, when using JAWS, I have to use Code Factory Eloquence, which reads more to my satisfaction, but with another issue. That version of Eloquence simply passes up my favored normal rate of speed of  Window-Eyes's 41 to a step or two higher than I' like to read most of the time.

I also use IE for DAISY text books, but for little else.

WE is just a combination good/bad habit that I know I am ultimately going to have to break, and I'm sure most of you all have come to the same conclusion. There are things that WE will not read that both JAWS and Narrator will, but on rare occasion, WE will still come through, but these are becoming les and less frequent as time goes on. Too bad.

Oh well, I've rambled on far longer than I planned too. Don't wish to get into any arguments about all of this. But just suffice it to say, that we sure lost a hell of a great product with a fine company behind it.