On Saturday 29 December 2007 16:52:18 DavidD wrote:
> There are currently 36 proposed values for the shop key yet 6 approved
> values. In the current 07-12-26 uk planet.osm excerpt there are 159
> different shop values.
>
> Similarly there are 29 approved values for sport, 7 proposed yet 108
> in the uk planet.osm excerpt.
>
> Instead I think fast track proposals should be introduced for some
> keys like sport and shop. Values for those keys would sit in a fast
> track list for a period of time. If no objections are made during this
> time period the value will be moved into the approved features list.

I like the idea of fast tracking some of these, but here's an even quicker
way...

1. Put the list of shop and sport values in the database on the wiki;

2. Allow people to explain non-obvious values, merge similar values, and
highlight contentious values;

3. Fast track all of the non-contentious values into the approved features
list, and submit the contentious values as proposed features for further
discussion;

4. Provide a list of nodes/ways in the database that still use merged or
otherwise amended values for people to fix.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Tom