On 14/01/2008, Karl Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Let's not confuse rendering issues with data issues. The point was that the
> single high-level water tag could be used to designate water. Adding
> area=yes will indicate that it is an area (lake, etc.), not just a line.

thanks Karl, i'd lost track of where this was going

the point i was making is that we don't need to say area=yes for
lakes. if it's a lake, always draw it as an area.
any object drawn as a way and tagged 'lake' can easily be ignored by
the renderer, as this is not valid, and frankly IMO it's confusing. in
what circumstances could this be useful?

no need for the area tag at all