Andy Allan wrote:
> It says on the wiki that it
> doesn't support rendering from a db, and since I'm rendering more than
> 500,000 tiles each update the performance of mapnik is crucial (I
> wouldn't be able to do what I do using osmarender, for example, or
> without the spatial indexing of postGIS)

True, Kosmos currently uses XML files, so it's not an option for such a
large area. Maybe in the future some sort of compact db will be
supported, but I'm not too keen on making it a server-based thing. We
have Mapnik and [EMAIL PROTECTED] for that.
Just being curious: how much time does it take Mapnik to generate those
500,000 tiles on your machine?

Igor

--
http://igorbrejc.net