Ray Booysen wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2008 1:56 PM, Lambertus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Jeremy Adams wrote:
>      > Do they really offer 1.5TB of storage and 15TB of transfer a
>     month for
>      > $6.95?
>      >
>     Aparently so. There are other companies in the US providing similar
>     services. I guess they rely on the fact that most users will never
>     really use so much space and bandwidth.
>
>     Then there is also the 'catchall' clause where you are only allowed to
>     use an hour (or so) CPU time a day. Your site is move to another server
>     when you go over the limit and will be closely monitored. If that
>     happens often you can/will be removed from their hosting.
>
> Hey Jeremey
>
> Do you have a link for this clause?

Well, I looked it up for the one such hoster I've been looking at
before: Dreamhost. They used to have a 'hard' CPU policy but have
changed that since.

Hoster: http://www.dreamhost.com
Blog about CPU restrictions:
http://blog.dreamhosters.com/2006/06/01/cpu-minute-restrictions-removed/

So I was a bit too harsh in my last paragraph, but it appears from the
comments that having a popular WordPress blog is enough to classify you
as a heavy user... The first paragraph remains though, hosters like
Dreamhost oversell their bandwidth and diskspace.

Looking at Hostmonter however gives a different picture: They seem to
have a more hard CPU usage limit where they even shutdown a site
sometimes: http://helpdesk.hostmonster.com/kb/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=361