Neil Penman wrote the following on 31/01/2008 02:07:
> I've been loading routes provided by the United
> Nations for the Southern
> Sudan and the UN has invited us to demonstrate these
> OSM maps at a UN
> conference in early February.  Ideally the maps should
> be available on
> line, although we probably will also show off line
> images.
>
> Unfortunately the Mapnik data is only half there (this
> week) and doesn't
> render at all at zoom level 6 and below. These are all
> long highways,
> there is not much detail that is worth zooming in for
> at the moment.
> I've installed [EMAIL PROTECTED] and am waiting for a
> password to upload
> generated images, however I'm not sure if I can
> generate tiles for zoom
> level 6 at the moment. It looks like I can only
> generate down to zoom
> level 8 using ./tilesGen.pl xy 151 118 8   (etc).
>
> Can I do the same at zoom level 6?

After some discussion on irc I have started doing some [EMAIL PROTECTED]
zoom8-11
lowzooms in  South Sudan around Juba.
Once we have some current z8 tiles then zooms below 8 can be generated
using lowzoom.pl which you will find under the tools dir if you already
have [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This script basically just pulls the z8 tiles, stitches them together
and scales them which is why you need to do the z8 tiles first.
The comments on irc suggested this was required for presentation to UN
by Monday, anyone else up for some lowzoom rendering?

cheers

rcr