On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Ulf Lamping <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The collection of OSM icons in SVN [0] is quite usable and should
> contain most of what you need.

Cool, this is exactly what I was looking for.

> Would be nice if Kosmos would use the
> same icons for the same things as JOSM does.
>
> P.S: I still consider Kosmos to be closed source, so be careful to
> include any none PD icons into Kosmos!

Kosmos distribution itself does not contain any map icons, it downloads
images from URLs you specify in rendering rules. Currently icons which are
used all come from OSM wiki, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem to
synchronize with JOSM. I don't know what are licensing constraints when you
download images from internet and display them on maps. I guess it's the
matter for the user, not the program itself.

I will publish the Kosmos source as I promised. It will come together with
the next release, probably within days.

Cheers,
Igor