Hi,

> > - Can I, despite the fact that the images I create that utilise OSM
> > data are classed as derived works and hence the images should be
> > dsitributed under the CC-SA license (correct me if I'm wrong!),
> > still publish those images in a paper whose copyright will be owned by the
> > publisher?
>
> It's _probably_ a collective work. So you can still publish those
> images, though anyone will be within their rights to photocopy just
> the images and distribute them.

That's the way we did it with the book we just published. It has the
standard licensing blurb that basically says the publisher owns
everything, and we simply added a paragraph that says all OSM-derived
illustrations are CC-BY-SA (with a link to the CC website). We have no
explicit attribution for the individual images because it is obvious
from the context that they are OSM. If the book were about something
else and OSM was just used (rather than discussed) then I'd recommend
to explicitly mark those images which are from OSM.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'