El Jueves, 21 de Febrero de 2008, David Cottingham escribió:
> I'm using OSM data as part of my research, and one of the resulting papers
> that I'm in the process of writing will have some images that combine a
> small amount of OSM data [...]

In european-like jurisdictions, you get an exception for copyright for
academical and research purposes.

In other words, if you're writing an academical/research paper, and if you're
not using lots and lots and lots of data from OSM, you don't even have to
worry about copyright or licenses.

In other words, if what you're doing can be classified as "fair dealing for
research purposes", you do not have to abide by the terms of CC-by-sa.

(Disclaimer: I'm half-familiar with the spanish copyright law, but not much
with the UK law. IANAL, YMMV)

> - How should OSM be attributed as the source of the data? (e.g. "Map data
> from Open Street Map, under CC-SA license").

Yep. Please write "http://www.openstreetmap.org"; somewhere.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.8, and PHP
5.2.5-2 generating this signature.
Uptime: 23:35:40 up 7 days, 11:10,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.61, 0.76