Martin Spott skrev:
> "J.D. Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> AD plates are available for any licensed pilot via the FAA, otherwise it
>> would be impossible to plan a flight between airports.
>
> For many countries the use of these 'official' aerodrome ground layouts
> is _explicitly_ restricted to performance of real-life flights, no
> matter if you get these charts for free or have to buy them from
> Jeppesen or your local authorities. Even the comparatively permissive
> Danish AIP (I've never flown outside Europe) has a copyright which
> reads:
>
> Copyright
> As certain information in this publication are the
> property of the Civil Aviation Administration and/
> or third parties, no part may be reproduced except
> as authorized by written permission from the
> Civil Aviation Administration, Denmark.
>

> Take care ....
>
>       Martin.

And they have not been reproduced, as in copied, scanned, etc.

What has been done, is taking the lat/lon for various points, such as
start and end of runways, taxiways, designated apron areas, etc, and
entered those points in a GPX waypoint file. This is akin to loading the
waypoints into a GPS receiver, which is acceptable use, and no different
from doing that as a private pilot prepping a flight, or a commercial
pilot prepping the FMS system aboard the airliner.

Then the gpx file has been loaded into JOSM, and lines drawn betweeen
the corresponding waypoints, which then has been tagged according to the
OSM tagging scheme for aeronautical content.

At least for the danish data, it has been verified with SLV (Statens
Luftfartsvæsen) that this procedure falls into the acceptable usage of
the AIP AD charts, since widths, elevation, slope, placement of navaids,
   vasi, papi, tower frequencies and so on, are not entered into the DB.

Dutch