I was thinking of getting one of these solar powered GPS receivers for my
son:

http://www.qstarz.com/Products/GPS%20Products/BT-Q1200-F.htm

My Qstarz receiver (BT-810) is super reliable and quite rugged enough for
Primary School children. I haven't seen the PC interface for the new models.
Their agent in the UK is Mark Hsu: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - I got my GPS receiver
from him via eBay a while ago and was impressed with his rapid and helpful
service I am sure he would let you test the software on some kids if you
asked nicely.

All the best

Paul Y

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 5:54 AM, John McKerrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 20 Mar 2008, at 12:36, Jon Stockill wrote:
>
> > Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have any better suggestions? The Royaltek and i-Blue 747
> >> units mentioned on the GPS Reviews page looks interesting.
> >
> > The Holux M241 looks interesting. USB, bluetooth, large memory,
> > reasonable cost. Not sure of any UK suppliers yet though.
> >
> Ooh, I hadn't heard of this, looks like they're available (and cheap)
> on ebay:
>
> http://url.ie/ahf
>
> John

Tel: +44(0) 7814 517 807