In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          David Earl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 28/03/2008 16:50, Raphael Mack wrote:
> >> To complicate things more, the direction arrows on data imported from a
> >> local GPX file are the right way around, so this problem is only
> >> affecting data being retrieved from the OSM server.
> >
> > mh, I guess this cannot be fixed in josm, since the the server returns the
> > stored gps points in arbitrary order. I would even suggest not to draw any
> > direction arrows for gps data from the server.
>
> They can be sorted by timestamp, can't they? They do have timestamps AFAICS.

I believe that they are sorted by timestamp. What they aren't sorted
by is the track they came from so you might get points jumbled up from
different tracks.

The API deliberately tries to expose limited information about the
points for privacy reasons as some points may have come from traces
that are not public.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])