On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Which will omit anything tagged "ref=B4027;B4028" or some such. Ok you
> said there shouldn't be any of those in the UK anyway so I guess
> you're fine...

Then the API needs to be improved - we shouldn't be adding unnecessary
data to work around deficiencies in the API.

> I think it is a good idea to group objects that belong together in a
> relation. Ultimately I'd expect the relation to carry the "ref=B4027"
> tag and to drop that tag from the ways contained therein. Makes a lot
> of sense from a data modelling viewpoint I think.

I am concerned that it adds complexity (which means there is more chance
of human error).  Complexity in some cases is unavoidable, but in this
case I can't see a significant advantage over just tagging the ways and
improving the API to allow searching for single values in multi-value
tags.

  - Steve
    xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/