Steve Hill wrote:
> How are people tagging bus stops?  I have been setting tagging nodes that
> are members of the way, which means they are part of the road they are on.
> Is this the right way to do it?  It seems right since it unambiguously
> shows which road the stop is on, but it doesn't allow any indication as to
> which side of the road the stop is on.

I've been doing the opposite, and have only recently realised that your
way is the way I was supposed to do it..

I have mapped quite a few bus stops where the bus stop is on a
pedestrian island and I want to show not only 'side of road' but also a
fairly exact physical position. I'd be reluctant to give that up to
plonk all my bus stops in the middle of the road...

I wonder if anyone has done any counts of how many stops in the db are
points in ways, and how many are points beside ways?

Graham