Hi,

> But this raises once again the ease with which people who don't know
> what they are doing can wreck things unintentionally.

My personal major problem with Potlatch (while it is altogether a
great thing, etc.etc.) is that it edits "live". Most editors I have
encountered until now let you edit stuff, and then you press "save"
and that's it. If you don't save, you don't change anything. I assume
that many people will think the same when they start working with
Potlatch.

Is the fact that Potlatch does live editing a design decision, or are
there technical reasons behind it (i.e. it would be much more
difficult to have a Flash editor with a "save" button)?

If it is a design decision, then I'd like to start a discussion about
whether that decision should perhaps be re-thought, and Potlatch
changed to do classical "buffered" editing.

If there are technical reasons, then I might just be tempted to
install a Flash development environment and try to fix it.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"