elvin ibbotson wrote:
Correct! I have never actually seen one, but I'm sure they exist. However, I can make my own spelling mistakes without their help. I hope people didn't assume I'm doing all my mapping from the A-Z. I do actually go out there collecting tracks with my GPS,  photographing things, naming waypoints and even remembering the odd street name.
I too have collected tracks, photos, used local knowledge etc, and I've found various differences from other mapping products and what is on the ground.  I've found clear copies from one product to another apparently from different sources. Some differences from the ground are probably mistakes, but some are probably easter eggs, one of which I found on Easter day - now that is irony.  Diary
My original post was prompted by one about climbing route names from Chris Hill. You guys take your surnames too seriously.
My name is not of my making, I chose to go climbing.  Climbing is a sport that kills people who don't take it seriously, but it can still be fun too.  Naming routes is fun for some people.
It sounds like this climbing malarky is as anarchic as OSM. You should have committees to grade climbs and approve route names and climbing police to ensure no-one ever uses a copyrighted route name without proper attribution.
This is called the BMC.

Cheers, Chris