Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> Richard is likely limited by the Yahoo! Flash API: I expect that
> there's
> a fair chance that Yahoo! hasn't updated their Flash API to provide
> the
> new zoom levels that the main API added 2-3 weeks ago (Yahoo added
> more
> zoom levels worldwide at that time).
>
> (Of course, Richard will tell me if I'm wrong, I'm sure :))

It sounds likely, though I'll look into it. David - could you give a
lat/long for the area?

Potlatch's approach is to faithfully use the Yahoo API, to stay on
the right side of the legal agreement. The only "tweaking" it does is
that it tries to automatically hide the Yahoo layer if all the tiles
are blank, because presenting a first-time mapper with a load of
tiles saying "Sorry, there is no data for this area" is pretty
confusing. That does therefore, I'm afraid, preclude zooming in
beyond what Yahoo offers, but the screen magnifier suggestion is a
good one.

cheers
Richard