On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Simon Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 May 2008 00:24:11 -0600
> Simon Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Well I've had a stab at this, probably the worlds worst python script
> but it does work....
>
> Cleaned up version added to SVN, browsable here:
>
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/import/mp2osm/mp2osm_catmp.py
>
> Supports POI, POLYLINE and POLYGON. Can parse the CATMP stuff without
> error, but have not uploaded resultant data to OSM yet. Doesn't do anything
> with the 'Nod[1..]' bits as I couldn't see how to re-open an element in
> ElementTree to modify it/add the appropriate tag.
>
> Cheers,
> Mungewell.

Hey, I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but I just opened up the
input file in a text editor and saw:
Copyright=THIS MAP CANNOT BE SOLD
I think this is incompatible with our license (commercial use is okay). Is
the author/maintainer that gave you permission aware of this?

The Nod[1...] bits define the routing nodes--i.e., which points in the Data0
linestring connect to other ways. The first and last points of a way always
have these, and more if there are any intersecting points in the middle. For
this map, though, it's probably safe to say if  the points are at the same
spot, they're routing nodes (i.e., it should be represented by only one node
in OSM, shared between the intersecting ways).

Karl