>It's not quite a 1:1 mapping - a UK bridleway also means "cycles
>permitted by right" and a whole host of other stuff, so it's a
>valuable piece of information in itself.

>By all means tag the individual users (horse=yes, bicycle=yes, etc.),
>but I'd consider the official bridleway status a useful, taggable fact
>in itself.

What I'd like to get some idea of is what people as a whole consider
highway=bridleway on its own(with no foot/horse/etc tags added) to mean -
do people on the whole consider this to be a public bridleway, or a
permissive bridleway? On freemap I assume permissive unless foot/horse=yes
is added, rather like highway=footway is assumed to be permissive (in view
of the large number of permssive footways in towns).

Nick