I contacted the parish councils around my area, explaining what OSM is and suggesting that they might like to use OSM maps on their web sites and for local events.  I'm pleased to say there has been interest from four councils.  I've sent simple slippy map examples to the web site admins and they are beginning to appear.

I've also got a request to help with a couple of local events that use maps - I thought I'd use Kosmos to print maps with local overlays such as the locations of garage sales.

Maybe everyone should think about contacting their local councils ...

Cheers, Chris