The wording of the main/first data source never filled me with
confidence either:

"There is currently some question as to the licensing terms for this
data. This is being resolved as quickly as possible. Until then, it is
best to assume that this imagery can not be used outside of
OpenAerialMap."

http://openaerialmap.hypercube.telascience.org/datasource/1/

Doesn't feel to me like a confident, unambigious, "free to use in OSM" phrase.

Cheers,
Andy