Rory McCann schrieb:
Andy Street wrote:
Tagging nodes as complete=no seems a little strange to me unless it
refers to a POI. After all it's the way that is incomplete not the node.
How would you interpret a node tagged as complete=no that is shared
between multiple ways?

Personally, I've been mapping with complete=no on the way and adding
extra details using the note tag where appropriate.

My theory is that there should be some way to say "the way isn't finished and continues down this direction from this point". In theory this is like the towards tag, but I don't like the idea of having to put in where the way continues on towards.

What if the road doesn't continue on towards anywhere in particular? What should one use for the towards tag? This is why I use complete=no.

Rory

In that case I use name=STUB for ways I don't know the name or they just don't have a name (tracks) and in any case "note=stub"

Jannis