This is another Potlatch grumble - but it's not really Potlatch, it's the internet.

I just found a whole lot (really, a lot) of overlapping ways with some really old data (Potlatch alpha & before) buried under new versions from Potlatch v0.6a & 0.8 - for instance, the M25 Junction 30 had 3 (three!!) layers of roundabout in places. 2 hours has seen most of it off... I wonder how much of other peoples' time I just deleted?

I can't imagine this was done knowingly; I suspect that the redraw was sufficiently slow that it looked unmapped to a less experienced user, and allowed time to re-draw the ways before it showed up.

Would it be possible to make it draw ways & nodes BEFORE the aerial photography, so this can't happen is less likely? I had assumed that having to move from the map to the editor would prevent this, but I think folk are scrolling miles & never seeing the rendered version. Maybe a slippy map under the photography? Or make it impossible to add any nodes until it's completely finished loading?

I also had a good number of "High Road; Low Road" names to untangle, and a river to unplait.  I do hope it stays done this time :)

Mark