On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 19:54 +0200, Cartinus wrote:
> Here in Utrecht I have drawn a building with a "courtyard". The inner
> polygon
> does not have any tags.
> * The hole shows OK in [EMAIL PROTECTED]/Osmarender
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=17&lat=52.08396&lon=5.10485&layers=000000BF
> * The hole does not show in the osm2pgsql/Mapnik generated tiles from
> openstreetmap.org.
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=17&lat=52.08396&lon=5.10485&layers=00000B0F
> * The hole shows OK in the osm2pgsql/Mapnik generated tiles from
> openstreetmap.nl.
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=17&lat=52.08396&lon=5.10485&layers=B000000F
>
> I think openstreetmap.nl uses a newer version of osm2pgsql than the
> main site.
> If that is true than it is just a question of time till multipolygons
> defined
> as per wiki description will show OK on the main site too.

I believe the sites are both using very similar code (unless Kleptog has
some private changes for the NL site). I think the difference may be due
to the NL site using the "--slim" mode. In this case this is probably
allowing it to keep the untagged inner way that would have been
discarded in non-slim mode.

> A multipolygon with the same tags on inner and outer shows OK at all
> three:
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=15&lat=52.05845&lon=5.16772&layers=000000BF
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=15&lat=52.05845&lon=5.16772&layers=00000B0F
> http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=15&lat=52.05845&lon=5.16772&layers=B000000F

Right, this is normally the best approach.

        Jon