On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Jon Burgess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I believe the sites are both using very similar code (unless Kleptog has
> some private changes for the NL site). I think the difference may be due
> to the NL site using the "--slim" mode. In this case this is probably
> allowing it to keep the untagged inner way that would have been
> discarded in non-slim mode.

Correct, the --slim mode makes all the difference.

The basic problem is that to manage such relations it needs to
remember the relevent ways for when it processes the relations. When
processing a whole planet dump it obviously can't rememeber all the
ways in memory, which is why non-slim mode doesn't get it. Slim mode
remembers everything and so it always works.

It would be possible to get non-slim mode to work also by processing
relations first. As usual, needs a coder.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/