Ignore the warnings, they were mostly as a warning to inform you that
there happen to be two ways there rather than as an error. The
validator plugin should probably move it's level down to info from
warning (can't remember what it is at the moment for certain)
Also see: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/774

On 6/2/08, Steve Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have created a number of "landuse" areas which are divided by ways.
> E.g. a "natural=wood" area abutting a "landuse=farm" area with a
> "highway=footway" running along the join.  Where they join, the two areas
> share the same nodes, as does the footway which goes along the join.
>
> However, JOSM's validator is complaining of "overlapping ways".  I know
> there is some contention as to whether sharing nodes is necessarilly the
> right thing to do, but in this case the footway really is the thing that
> divides the woodland from the farmland - should I take notice of the
> validator and change the way I have drawn the land use areas (I guess I
> could move them to layer -5, but shouldn't landuse areas default to being
> on the lowest layer anyway?), or should I just ignore the warnings?
>
>   - Steve
>     xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/
>
>       Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum - Whisper, Evanescence

Regards,
Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)