On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Dave Stubbs wrote:

> If the 2nd area is meant to replace the 1st rather than just say
> something extra about the land/water then you should probably make a
> hole.

Hmm.. ok.  Looks like I need to investigate the multipolygon relations
stuff.

> osmarender rules pay attention to the layer tag even when dealing with
> areas. In this case the river is on layer=-1, and the industrial area
> has no layer tag (so defaults to 0). osmarender is rendering all -1
> objects first, then moves on to the layer 0 objects.

This seems wrong to me.  An easy fix would be to subtract a number (e.g.
10) from the layer value of areas so they always get rendered under
non-area objects.  Maybe I'll look at doing this when I don't have a
hundred and one other things to do. :)  I suspect there's no easy way of
doing the surface-area calculation to keep small areas on top though.

  - Steve
    xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.nexusuk.org/