On 11/06/2008 04:32, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Simon Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Q). Is there some what to duplicate a way/node on another layer without this
>> displacement?
>
> I've run into this bug during the US state borders import.  My
> solution was to select what I wanted to c&p, zoom to selection, copy
> selection, switch layers, and paste.  That should take care of things
> for now.

This isn't a bug, it is intentional. It pastes in the centre of the
screen so that you don't have to search for the thing you pasted (which
might be anywhere in the area you're working in), on the basis that
you're trying to create something based on something similar, and you
will want it near where you're working. I wasn't envisaging it would be
used to replicate a data set.

David