Hi all,
Does anyone have any solutions to auto-magically simplify the ways with an
'.osm' file? I am looking at simplifying both to ease rendering and also
to reduce the overall size of the file, prior to converting to a
downloadable GPS map.

GPS-babel was suggested on the IRC as it now supports '.osm', however the
simplify option does not respect shared nodes, where ways intersect.

Obviously for maps we don't want to be adjust these....

It also strips all of the tags it does not understand, so the map would
lose all of it's mapness and become a collection of blank ways.

Any thoughts?
Simon.