Hi,

Metro Manila in the Philippines is getting more and more updated every
week in OSM.  After more than 1.5 years of contributing, we have made
the Metropolis expand coverage from this [1] to this [2].  ~ 50
contributors have added pois, roads, etc. using mostly Yahoo! imagery
and very few contribute GPS traces.

This coming year we hope to improve more.  But frankly, we need a
steady stream of contributors.  Although a lot have joined, very few
contribute regularly.  From my experience "seeding" some areas sparks
contribution from local residents.

This is why I appeal to the OSM community for help.  Coverage of the
cities in Metro Manila vary from "mostly done" (my neighborhood at the
street level) to "virtually none".  I would like to request the OSM
community to give us some editing love.  Everybody is welcome.

Using yahoo imagery, we want to complete a "first pass" edit to many
areas in the metropolis (yahoo imagery in Metro Manila is pretty much
dated by our guesstimate: 5 years old, but still very much useful).

You can simply contribute an hour of osm editing in any area within
Metro Manila.  Befor editing please consider the following:
1. choose an area where there is virtually no edits (this way we don't
mess-up other contributions);
2. we have "mostly" completed major routes (motorway/truks/primary)
so the remaining tags would be mostly residential areas;
3. add a "fixme" tag.

My plan is to cover as many areas as possible with Yahoo! imagery.
Then conduct a survey for streetnames, poi, etc.
What's the catch we'll nothing really except that you have contributed
to expanding the free geodata of my home country :)

Anybody interested?  If so please send me a mail so we can coordinate things.

cheers,
maning
[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/esambale/2637389057/
[2]
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=14.594717284692324&lon=121.03235961646361&zoom=12
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Philippines#City_Status

--
| __.-._ |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda |