Ok, thanks. I've added a quick-and-dirty about box with all the info
(the icon overlay on the map requires more work, since shrinking the
icon to a reasonable size turns it into a random cluster of pixels).

May I just suggest to add a URL redirector at

               http://openstreetmap.org/Attrib

that points to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Attribution?
The latter is really long for a mobile device, it needs wrapping for
rendering and wrapping is not aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks.

On Jul 17, 2008, at 15:14 , Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> El Jueves, 17 de Julio de 2008, Fabrizio Giudici escribió:
>> I've recently added support for OSM maps (BTW, it's the default
>> provider) in an open source mobile navigator that I've developed. I'm
>> guessing which is the best way to give credits to OSM in my
>> application
>
> Well, the current CC license specifies that the attribution notice
> has to be
> reasonable to the medium.
>
> In other words, if your mobile navigator has limited screen real
> state, you
> may choose to display or not to display an OSM logo or copyright
> notice in
> the main screen.
>
> A simple splash screen with the logo and URL is fine. A notice on
> the "about"
> section of your program (if you have it) is fine. However, please do
> link to
> www.openstreetmap.org *and* either the license page on the wiki[1]
> or the
> CC-by-sa license[2].
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Attribution
> [2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
>

> As we have seen in The State of the Map last weekend, displaying the
> names of
> all contributors can be a daunting task.
>

> Cheers,
> --
> ----------------------------------
> Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.9,
> and PHP
> 5.2.6-1 generating this signature.
> Uptime: 15:04:35 up 38 days, 22:52,  4 users,  load average: 1.69,
> 1.09, 0.98

Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/blog
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - mobile: +39 348.150.6941