Hi,

I can absolutely recommend using a cell phone as voice recorder if you don't
have a dictaphone already. You can use your standard headset microphone to
improve sound quality (and volume). Mine handles even wind noise when on a
bicycle quite well.

Adding waypoints for comments does truly help. I added a connector for an
external push-button to my gps-logger to safely add them when logging in car
or on bike.

Regards
    Andreas