Correct me if I'm wrong, but MOM development is closed, right? It's not FOSS?

So why is there a requirement for "a new OSM mailing list for mom"
development, when the OSM community cannot develop it?  Perhaps this
email subject is misleading me.

If its *not* for development, is it for the developers to get and
respond to feature suggestions? Perhaps you could think about using
forums (a thread in the OSM forums could work) or email newsletter to
communicate with your users.

cheers,

Tim