On 20 Aug 2008, at 11:43, Tim Waters (chippy) wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MOM development is closed, right? It's not FOSS?

So why is there a requirement for "a new OSM mailing list for mom"
development, when the OSM community cannot develop it?  Perhaps this
email subject is misleading me.

If its *not* for development, is it for the developers to get and
respond to feature suggestions? Perhaps you could think about using
forums (a thread in the OSM forums could work) or email newsletter to
communicate with your users.

Mom is now on release, but is still being developed too. The first release version, at the beginning of May, was v.1.2.3 and I released v.1.2.5 earlier this month. I'm not completely up to speed with all the obscure acronyms so mom may or may not be FOSS depending on what it means ;-)

Many mom users are keen to have a place where they can discuss the application and I want to be able to announce changes, sound out ideas and get feedback. Google or Yahoo mailing lists were suggested as was a new OSM mailing list devoted to mom. For now, though, I have simply done a bit of housekeeping on what had become a messy wiki page and created new pages specifically for suggestions, issues affecting particular phones and bugs and other problems where users are invited to join in.

elvin ibbotson