On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

I think we had this discussion before and came to the conclusion that:
 - 50mph was essentially mapping a sign, because the speed limit is a
speed, not a unit, but it's quite understandable people doing it
because that's what they see
 - that the tag without a unit should probably be assumed to be km/h.
Especially as that's what map features has said for ages. Obviously if
the tag has units you should use it or ignore the value if you don't
understand it.
 - that anything intelligent enough to know if it wants to represent
maxspeeds in mph/kph is intelligent enough to know it can safely round
to the nearest integer.
 - and that it's possible to represent an exact mph in kph anyway if
you can really be bothered: 1mile == 1.609344km exactly